Monday, May 17, 2010

I HEART my kitchen!

Ever since we bought our house last November, there has been (and will be) an ongoing list of wants and needs to make our house our own. At the top of my list was eliminating my 'Country' kitchen. However, other priorities (like a TV, furnace, sump pump, mini-barn, etc) kept bumping my 'redo the kitchen' project farther down on the list. So, basically, for the past 6 months, I would walk into my kitchen every morning just cringing...looking forward to the day when it would more reflect our style.
Let me introduce the old kitchen. Notice the shiny, hunter green counter tops, the elaborate faucet, brass green light fans, the country tile job, etc. The previous owners did a fantastic job of reinforcing a country theme; however, country is not my cup-of-tea.

Finally, our tax rebate check arrived and the funds became available to do the kitchen (on a budget of course). We are extremely happy with the results. Here are a few before/after images...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great improvement! I know you will enjoy it.