I ended up an NIH a bit sooner than expected.
I had a wonderful morning on Thursday.... just me, Ryan, and Kyle with pancakes for breakfast, playing, reading, going to the mall, and then down for a late nap! They were angels the whole time and it was perfect! At 3:30, I received a call from the NIH team of surgeons asking if there was anyway for me to be at the hospital by Friday morning as they wanted a brain PET scan before my surgery.
Frantically, I rescheduled my flight, packed for the 2 week trip, and left for the airport in about one hour! My 3 boys joined me for dinner at the airport and it was terribly hard saying goodbye to my little men. I landed in DC around midnight and was admitted to NIH by 1:30, followed by admission labs, sleeping by 3:30, woken by 6:30 to start the day!
I guess there are only 12 of these PET scanners in the world and it should provide the surgeons with as much information as possible for the surgery's approach. The surgeons are concerned as my white blood cell count is high and I did have strep throat last week - so they are monitoring that for Monday's surgery.
Friday, my mom flew to Indy as she will be staying Ryan and Kyle....Thank you Mom! Jason flies to NIH this evening (as we were originally scheduled to arrive) and since I don't have any medical commitments, I am able to get a 'pass' to be with him through Sunday evening. I think we will go see some DC sights and watch some football!
I am the second surgery on Monday so it will likely be early afternoon. Here's the document they gave me describing the proceedure http://www.cc.nih.gov/ccc/patient_education/pepubs/transsphenoidal.pdf
Thank you for the prayers, support, and outreach through this all! God has blessed us with
with an amazing group of family, friends, and neighbors!
Saturday, January 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Nicole, Prayers are being said for you and the surgeons. God bless you during the time you are away from your boys. Christy Poisson
Talked to your Mom this morning when getting my boys from Sunday school. Your boys and mine all had their Packers jersies on. Go Packers! Will be thinking of you and praying for you as you go through your procedure tomorrow.
Post a Comment